Sunday, August 21, 2005

Fulfilling promises is importante.

So, here's a little tidbit of one of my blog conversations with Emily!

Current mood: workless weekends are yummy
Current music: BellX1

Why the hell not, right?
1. Reply with your name and I'll respond with something random about you.
2. I'll tell you what song/movie/book/fictional character reminds me of you.
3. I'll pick a substance to wrestle with you in.
4. I'll say something that only makes sense to you and me. Or at least me.
5. I'll tell you my favorite memory of you.
6. I'll tell you what animal or plant you remind me of.
7. I'll ask you something that I've always wondered about you.
8. If I do this for you, you must post this on your journal.


Banannas!! (cue from me)


Re: ha, mine'll be a little more difficult!
[info]cassiacat
2005-08-19 06:18 (link)
1. Damnit, you stole my thunder!
2. When I saw "Last Samurai," I thought that woman looks like a Japanese version of you.
3. The ashes of that stupid Transformational Grammar book. And I mean, the ashes of every single copy of that book that was ever printed.
4. Noam Chomsky? Psh. He is SO last century.
5. Conversations on the sidewalk by the Ransom Center, mutual bitch-fests about linguistics and what a freaking smartass Chris is, and lunches at World Beat Cafe!!!
6. An orchid. I don't know why, though, so don't try to read too much into it.
7. Are you mad at me for being such a shitty friend?


Re: ha, mine'll be a little more difficult!
(Anonymous)
2005-08-19 06:53 (link)
Remind me to scold my doppelgangers about appearing in too many places at once. It makes people suspicious.

Yes, I'm so mad. Grrr. But my anger can be appeased by a sacrifice. A burger...dorowott. Damn, I still hate that Radford and his red script of torture. Okay, I'll be sensible. I don't hate the man since I don't actually know him. But I think I may be a little biased against him. A little.

2 comments:

lauren said...

Fun stuff. I like that little questionnaire. I might try it myself. I hate to be the bearer of bad news. This place was dear to my heart and I worked there for the shittiest wages of my life and enjoyed many an egusi soup with yam fu fu but, yes, World Beat Cafe has finally closed. I can't say I'm surprised, poor Lawrence was complaining about not being able to make it back when I was there. But, I still got a little misty eyed when I drove by the other day and saw that it's now a Mexican food restaurant. As Jeff said, they're really bringing something new to the neighborhood. I mean, you can't throw a rock in this town without hitting an ethiopian food joint but MEXICAN...now that's something nuevo. NOT.

Banannas said...

NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo....