Sunday, May 14, 2006


so, i haven't posted in awhile...but i've been a bit frazzled lately. basically, i've been stressing about job and visa stuff, but i made the decision to stay at the institute and teach for the summer...then i'll find another job somewhere, i hope. in other news, miss laura has made a step towards teaching abroad...in Korea! :p

i took a few pictures from my adventure today and posted one here...it's me, shin, christine and su. i went with shin and mr. kim (in other pictures) to Namsan mountain today and rode the cable car up. We had coffee and took pictures around the observation deck area that overlooks mid-Seoul. Then we walked down the mountain and bought some street snacks...this is the first time i've tried this particular korean snack...cooked silkworms. pretty good. we also had boiled barnacles...also tasty. and strips of cooked squid. :) anyhoo, we drove and picked up christine and su at dongdaemun (big shopping mecca) and wandered about for awhile, just chatting. For dinner, I had something else strange! We ate pig intestine, and it was pretty darn tasty. i think the spices and vegetables combined well with the intestine. (poor lau-dawg, i hope she hasn't keeled over).

in more other news, i miss austin and my friends there. still. but luckily, pablo is going to visit me next month and i've convinced others (anthony, jeff, laura) to come visit. laura even stepped up and applied for jobs in korea, so that's exciting. hehehe!

and let's see...oh! i'm moving to my new place in another week or so...it'll be something else interesting to blog about...

i'm brain dead and tired so i'm gonna go lay down...*huggles*!!

Happy Mom's Day to all you mothers out there!

2 comments:

lauren said...

Oh my CRAP, I can't believe all of the amazingly vile things I just read about you eating. That's amazing. You're like a one woman Fear Factor. Love you!

L said...

Whoa, pretty vile dude...I agree with Lauren. I just wanted to say hello from Paros!!! Love you! I think things will work out with the job. I just need to resubmit.