Feliz cumpleaños a ti, Pablo!
Wow, so this month has been crazy. I mean, I knew it would be full of birthdays, but I guess I should have imagined it out better. I'm so poor, but darn it, we had lots of fun, didn't we? :)
L-dawg, Laura and I threw a party for Pablo this past Saturday. It was kind of a surprise since he didn't know exactly what was going on. But it was too hard to hide that something was going to happen. It was a successful venture, if I may say. Andrew didn't come, but all the cool people came. Yay! There was tasty BBQ and homemade potato salad and corn and veggie burgers and snacks and margaritas and strawberry coladas and balloons and streamers and a candled cheesecake and, for the crowning glory, a bright orange, ovalish basketball piñata to wack at. That had to be the most amusing thing I've seen in awhile...Paul, blindfolded, trying to hit a moving piñata hard enough to get it to give up its candy treasures within. Muahahaha! I give all credit to the party entertainment to L-dawg. She is an awesome goddess, and I bow down to her. Thank you, Miss Laura, for all your help as well! I'm sure it would not have gone quite as quickly and smoothly otherwise. You only thought that you couldn't grill. And of course, I give myself props for creating a cheesecake worthy of a special occasion and in a broken down pan. Yes, I know...I'll turn in my application to Quack's today.
So, now, my mind turns to this weekend. I'll be going to San Diego for the big Comic-con, and it's gonna be a lovely trip, I can tell. I'm feeling slightly apprehensive as well...maybe I just need to snap out of this weird mood I've been in. There must be a limit to how healthy it is to be baking constantly for days on end. Addiction signifies denial, and the two extremes add up to badness, yes?
I'm hungry. Random thought. At least, it's consistent.
4 comments:
Thanks to everyone for a lovely Birthday party. Hanna, your cheesecake was delicious. Laura, your grilling was superb. Lauren, your party favors are unsurpassed. And that's about it. Jen and Sarah's taboo playing was annoying and Andrew's absence was noticeable.
-- Paul
Ur welcome Pablo. I called you (and Hanna and Laura) yesterday but it seems that all of your cell phones are sick. Anyhow, I hope you had a good b-day on the actual day. Ur party was fun and ur just jealous of Jen and Sarah's psychic powers. Hanna, I'm glad to see that you're posting again and in a happy, outspoken tone I might add. :) Coming out of ur sweltering, baking cave a bit I hope? And YES, you MUST turn in that Quack's application pronto before the position's gone! I'm telling Lisa Rose to put in a word for you with Paul (baker boyfriend extraordinaire). I forgot you kids were going to San Diego so soon. Dios Mio! That'll be fun but you'll miss the pleasure of meeting mi padre. But that's okay...he'll probably swing back through in another year or 2. :p What day are y'all getting back? I'm leaving for the OBX the next weekend for 9 days! I can't wait to be on the beach. Maybe we can see a movie or something before that?
And by the way Hannass, you're a kickass friend and I love you too!
happy, outspoken tone, eh? well, that's good to hear...besides, i can't be downbeat all the time...
your dad is coming to town this weekend? geez...i'm never going to end up meeting this man...ah well...i've already created a mental impression of him anyways...
we get back from san diego on sunday...i'm hoping we'll have internet while we're there since i'm taking my lappytop with me...
i'd love to see a movie with ya...something free of course...i'll have to see if pablo (or his parents) have I heart Huckabees... :)
Post a Comment