Monday, May 09, 2005

Oh bah...I can't put the pictures up...

Actually, I just can't figure it out...anyhoo, I'll have to put them up on my website or something and link it to my blog sometime...

So I know I had to write something, but I wasn't sure what to write about. On Sunday, my aunt and uncle took me to Technomart, this huge electronics extravaganza place, in order to buy another lens (I think) for my uncle's super-nice camera and to get me one of those electronic dictionary things. So I'm in this store and staring at an array of e-dictionaries, trying to figure out which one to pick. I'm feeling guilty since I know these things are a little pricey, and I'm pretty sure that my aunt and uncle want to get it for me because they think that I'll learn Korean faster with it. Which it may, I suppose, but I really believe that the switch in my brain just needs to click over, and that'll just take time more than anything else. I also don't talk that much or that loudly, so sometimes that's the reason why I don't say anything. But that's not the Korean way, so ugh, I feel a bit frustrated and amused. Okay, so back to the picking of e-dictionaries. This younger guy is helping me out and chatting away with my aunt while I just fiddle around with the buttons and compare the different ones placed in front of me. And of course, there are those fun questions about whether I'm a student...oh no, she just graduated from a university in the US...really? how old is she then? she's 23...wow, she looks really young...blahblahblah...It was a little funny cuz the guy helping us didn't seem all that old to me either...and I thought he was kind of cute...it may have been the glasses though. :p Sigh, so I finally pick one out, and my uncle finishes up with his camera stuff...and I thought we were done. Nope. My uncle decides to do some comparison shopping for flat panel computer monitors and HDTVs...I'm just looking around and watching the people and playing my game where I count the number of girls who aren't wearing heels. Not many so far...I think I've counted three, not including myself. Let's see...so my uncle finishes jotting down prices and such, and we head to the elevators to leave. That takes forever...this place is huge. There's a whole floor dedicated to just cell phones after all. Crazy. Lau, you would have run away like a deer in panic. Or maybe just stand paralyzed by the lights. :) But I'm sure the boys would have liked it. Mass amounts of toys and things...yupp.

Okay, so my Sunday was pretty much that. Yesterday, I did pretty much nothing. My uncle went to work, my cousin went to school? playgroup?, and my aunt was running errands and had appointments most of the day. So I stayed in the apartment and finished reading a book. Took a walk outside for about an hour. Danced around in my room. Played on my laptop and surfed the Internet wave. They all came back around 8ish, and we ate dinner. I love to eat, but I don't like it so much here. Mainly because it's not on my schedule or whims. Sigh. Anyhoo, then my uncle talks to me and wants me to write him a list or memo of stuff that I want to do or see while I'm in Korea. To which, I think to myself, nothing. There is absolutely nothing specific that I want to see. Or do. I just want to be left alone to wander about as I please, just as I'm used to doing. Unfortunately, I'm a guest in their home, and I know that I need to be helpful to them as well. Or whatever. It's driving me a little crazy. And I feel ungrateful for not fitting in better. Or something like that. Ugh.

Okay, so now it's Tuesday (Monday in ATX), and I haven't done anything again. My aunt went out to do something, and I just took a shower. She's supposed to show me the bus route to the nearest subway station, so I'm happy about that. And I'm supposed to meet up with Daniel later today, but we'll see. Maybe that won't work out.

All in all, I really like my family. They're good people, and my cousin is really cute. I just don't fit in, and I feel guilty that I don't because I feel obligated to do something for them and since they haven't really let me help them in any other way, that's the only thing I can think of to do. The pressure and frustration has been stressing me out. But I should probably get over it...it's kinda silly when I really think about it.

Okay, I'm off for a little walk now...until next time!

No comments:

Blog Archive